Wright’s Farm originated in 1904, when Charles Baker Wright, a seasoned farmer, bought 100 acres of farmland in Gardiner, NY.
His choice of land was due to the natural spring water that accompanied the acreage. Wright’s Farm began as a dairy farm. Fruits and vegetables were grown in a small garden to feed Wright’s ten children. As his family grew, the garden grew.
The family began to sell their leftover fruits and vegetables under the maple tree that still stands on the property today. The farm gradually transitioned to become a commercial apple farm in the 1950’s. Over the years, the farm has begun to grow a variety of fruit and vegetable crops. Our bakery uses all of our own fruits and vegetables to make various preserves and baked goods. On weekends, we travel to farmer’s markets and continue to sell our goods at our farm stand.
Leave a Reply